Sunday, July 13, 2014

Dave and Dave

Napoleon, Ohio - morning started off with rain and an accidental activation of the security alarm at St. Augustine Catholic Church... But things are looking up thanks to Dave and Dave.

Met them at Frisch's Big Boy during breakfast.

Dave (on the right) is the assistant women's basketball coach at Defiance College. "Been there 26 years now," he said.
Dave and Dave

I mentioned UW-Green Bay's team and Marquette. We swapped familiar names on the game.

As the fellas were leaving Dave laid a $20 on my table. "My mom suffered dementia before she died," he said.

The Amazing Ride for Alzheimer's is entering its final week. Details on how to support the cause are listed on the Cedar Community website HERE.

Thanks for all the generous support - it helps keep me going each day.

I'm in my element now with 71 miles on Friday, 64 miles on Saturday and looking to break 100 miles today.


Better get going!

No comments: