Wednesday, June 29, 2016

A View From the Road, and a Little Bit More

Above: Route 66 frontage road; I-40 traffic is to the right

Clouds were a big help while biking. It was hot with a lot of hills.
After 60 miles, my feet started to cramp so I drank more water.


(photos above: Another brief stop on Route 66.
The dog at this station thought me to be very threatening...  :-/


Guido and Michela were from Italy.
They flew to Chicago, rented a Harley, and were motorcycling Route 66.

Photo above: Overlooking I-40

Photo above: Cattle grating on Route 66 drove me nuts.
I had to stop and walk over them.
Photo above: Sadly, one of the first hotels I see when I pull into Tucumcari.

SIDE NOTES:
I wash my shorts every day; it's so hot in New Mexico that I strap them to the top of my gear to dry. So far, the number of guys it's attracted have been...

  • I've purchased a few more inner tubes and now have 5 spares. I've also patched three others.
  • I plan on pedaling into Texas on Wednesday. It's about 120 miles to the next big city.;
  • When the locals say there's no water ahead for 50 miles, they MEAN it.
  • A jackrabbit ran in front of me the other day and I didn't really know what it was.







No comments: