Friday, June 24, 2016

Do the Chickens Have Large Talons?

Sharing some of the artwork on the International Hostel of Santa Fe Pension, where I stayed last night. The art feels very "Napoleon Dynamite" - like the eagle's talons are aiming for a liger. "Do the chickens have large talons?" --Napoleon Dynamite (see photo below)



Just beat the storms (photo above). Lots of lightning and thunder on the horizon. The winds picked up and skies grew dark about 7 miles outside of Santa Fe. I stopped at a gas station and asked a lady if the storms generally moved north.

"I'm not sure, but throw your bike in my car and I'll take you the rest of the way."

That is how I met Jenny, a speech therapist who got me safely into town.

I had a solid 58 miles in on the day with plenty of long hills and just a smidge too much heat.

I believe the elevation is also hindering my Supergirl powers.

I started Thursday at 4:30 a.m. just to beat the heat and it took me until 5 p.m. to get to my destination.

Stay tuned for a photo gallery of yesterday's sights!

No comments: